Monday, December 20, 2010

Tilda in white for Just Magnolia

Hi everyone, I hope you all had lovely weekends. We had a bit of a busy one in the garden (yup, it is spring here in Australia), coupled with my youngest (16 months) cutting four teeth at once.. poor little man.  He was a bit miserable.

I somehow managed to find a bit of spare time to fit in this card through. I'd been admiring the gorgeous white on white creations around blogland and I've never been able to master it... so I was determined to have another go and this beautiful Star Tilda was perfect!


I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder Snowflakes for the background paper and hid the joint with the lace and ribbon. I used a Cuttlebug die for the snowflakes and Nestabilities Labels 10 and Classic Ovals.  The edges are coated in Stickles Diamond and I've added Kaisercraft blue pearls. The little leaf is a Whiff of Joy die.



For the Copic fanatics:
I had a pack of "Bee Paper" sitting on my paper rack from earlier this year. I bought it as it was recommended by Angie to use for Copics and watercolouring, but as I was a newbie to Copics back then, I really did not like it much and so the pack was sitting gathering dust. Having coloured a couple hundred images since then, lol, I thought I'd give it another try.... and this is the result...
Yes - it is lovely paper and I did achieve a good result (well, I think so anyway!). It is very different from Xpress It Blending Card though. It is very light weight (89lb v's the 92lb of the Xpress It). It does not bleed. It does take a little extra effort to blend so I recommend "flicking" to drag the ink on the paper rather than the little circles that we are usually told to do (which I have to say I very rarely do these days). Due to this it is a little more difficult with the darker colours, but these pale pastels it worked quite well. I also had a go of "tip to tip" blending on the Bee Paper (Tilda's sleeves and headband) and it worked beautifully. The paper has a lovely smooth finish to it, unlike the Xpress It which you can sometimes see fibres on the surface. The ink does show through on the reverse though, just like the Xpress It.

And if you are going to use alternative papers, test the colour of your markers on it first to ensure you are going to achieve the colour you want as all papers show colours differently!

No comments: