Monday, December 20, 2010

An attempt at Shabby Chic

Good morning and Happy Sunday to you all! We have another exciting challenge for you over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges.... it is Shabby Chic.

OMGoodness - I have to say... I did struggle a tad with this theme. I am not really used to making Shabby Chic cards so I went in search for some inspiration on the net, gotta love google images! I ended up deciding to use my Distress crackle paint and some sponging to age all my paper and go with a blue, silver and white theme.

The new Cricut got fired up with SCAL and some cut files I'd downloaded and I cut out a circle card with a hole in the middle for some acetate. I started cutting out the leaves with the cuttlebug but decided it was all taking too long (I did need 40 of them afterall) so again, back to the Cricut and I used that to cut the leaves out. I then sponged all of the leaves with blue ink and stamped a snowflake all over them with silver ink. I used my Magnolia Doo Hickey dies "Wings" and "Swirl" and my small Fiskars punches for the hearts and stars and my MS punch for the snowflakes. Then to assemble! I decorated the inside of the card with Magnolia paper from the Fairytale collection. Everything was then generously stickled and a wire edges ribbon, crystal stems and flowers added. The white star on the bow is from my local Spotlight and when I saw it this week I had to have it.

So.. what do you think? Shabby Chic?
Ingredients for this card are:
Copic colours: E0000, 000, 00, 11, 13, 41, 43, 44, 47, 49, B 91, 93, 95, 0 blender, R 20, 00
Copic tecquniques: Tip to tip blending ( Tilda's sleeves - B 91 & 0)
Stamps: Tilda with Hanging Heart and Snowflakes (Merry Christmas 2010) available at Tickled Pink Stamps
Papers: Magnolia Fairytale collection (not sure of the name, blue background, silver stars) available at Tickled Pink Stamps
Embellishments: Silver organza wire edged ribbon, crystal stem, flowers (Magnolia blue tulips, white rose a gift), Kaisercraft rhinestones, silver bells, sliver cord, white resin star
Other: Circut, SCAL, Magnolia Doo Hickeys - Wings and Swirl available at Tickled Pink Stamps, MS Snowflake punch, Distress crackle paint in Picket Fence, Kaisercraft Silver ink, SU! Soft sky ink, Fiskars small Heart and Star punches, Crystal glaze, Stickles diamond and silver

No comments: