Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rose Scent Tilda

Hi there Magnolia friends. How is your week treating you? Are you back at work yet after your holidays? My hubby went back today and the boys and I are finding it a bit odd. It was lovely being home all together. I dont go back to work til the 11th so I have another week up my sleeve with the kids. 

I have something a bit fun to share with you today. I found a kraft frame at my local craft store for an absolute steel. I had a few different ideas to play with it, but last night I was rummaging though my stash and found these cute chippie gates from Dusty Attic and the light bulb went off. 


I painted the back of the frame with Black Gesso. Apparently it creates a nice base to be used as a black board. I've not tried it out yet but I'll let you know how it goes. The rest of the frame I base coated with white Gesso, then painted it in grey acrylic paint and then used a piece of nylon lace as a mask and dabbed on some more white Gesso to create the textured lace pattern and give it a bit of a shabby look. I love getting messy with paint :) The cute little gates were painted with silver acrylic paint.


The cute little resin bird house is by Prima. The clouds and tree branches are both cut using Doo Hickey dies. I sprayed some cheese cloth with some pale blue mist to give it a bit of a blue hue. 


All of the flowers and the pearl garland are from Wild Orchid Crafts. 


And here is the finished product! Doesn't little Rose Scent Tilda look adorable sitting there in her garden? She is coloured with Copics and I experimented a bit with the combo for her hair... I tried Y 28, E 55, YR 20, Y 23 and E 50. Her little jumpsuit is coloured with RV 95, 34, 32, 10, 000, the rose is BV 25, V 20 and BV 000.

Well that is it from me today. I hope to have a few more things to share with you soon.
Until then, have a great day!
K

18 comments:

Kim said...

Kylie she is absolutely adorable! LOVE the hair color combo! Now to write that down so I can give it a try :) Such a lovely frame/scene you've created! LOVE this!
Hugs~ Kim

Sol said...

The frame became Beautiful! I love the different embellishment. And how you have put them all together! Great coloring

Pedacinhos di Pano by Claudia said...

Wow Kylie!
Really impresses me is how great your creativity, this project was fabulous.
This reminds me of the facade of a house and a starry sky in the background. And this beautiful Rose Scent Tilda, is there enjoying the beautiful night ... lol

congrats is perfect!

hugs

Claudia♥♥

Anonymous said...

I've read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.

Cheryl said...

Hi Kylie, Wow this is beautiful, could you please send me that light bulb I am a bit short on ideas at the moment lol.
I adore Tilda's hair style and colours you have used , it's all stunning tfs.
Hugs Cheryl

Chris said...

Beautiful Kylie. I love seeing what you will create next.

Maris said...

wowww this is sooo stunning

Sardegna said...

this is LOVELY.....

Made by Janet said...

Oooh Kylie...this is amazing !!


XXXJanet

sara said...

wow kylie jaw droppinly gorgeous !!! love love love how you made used the lace and gesso ive got a huge pot of that stuff will have to have a play ,stunning stuff you clever girlie !!
hugs sara x x x

Kizzy said...

Woww this is so amazing! Love the scene your created, and what a great idea, all the little details are so wonderful!
This is really wel done!
Greetz Kizzy

Yvonne said...

Great frame. So cute. Absolutely stunning! Regards, Yvonne

Erma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Majsan said...

Oh so brilliant and mega cute!!

Hugs Majsan

Erma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erma said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kylie..........you take my breath away! What a wonderful creation!!!

love, Erma

(it's pooring and very stormy weather here in Ede)

angelwhispers said...

Wow you have done an amazing job with the frame its just so perfect and so much pretty detail! Chanelle xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh this is stunning! What a labor of love this must have been! So elegant and romantic! hugs, Angela