Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Maggie friends!!
"Begin as you wish to continue" is how I saw the New Year in - at my craft desk playing.
When we moved house my craft room became a bit of a dumping ground for all the bits and pieces that we couldn't find a home for, which meant that it was less than inviting to sit and play, let alone being about to find anything! OMG,  what a mess. 
It was time for a bit clean up - and clear out. It took all afternoon but I can now locate all of my dies, markers, stamps and embellishments with a minimum of fuss. 


I dug out one of my favourite MME paper pads which is almost finished, its a bitter sweet feeling when your favourite paper pad is just about gone. I feel satisfied that for once I've managed to use something up, but also a bit sad that I haven't saved any of it. 

The adorable Tilda is from the 2010 Bon Voyage collection. This is one of my favourite collections I think, I had a lot of stamps from this one and they're so versatile. 


I have finally made good use of my Doo Hickey Club vol 1 with the sea weed and jelly fish dies. They're really very cute. 
The button, twine, pleated satin ribbon, liquid pearls and pearl trim are all from The Ribbon Girl.


And now for a couple of craft room shots. My desk. This was obviously taken early in the night. Surprisingly enough after the card it is still visible. Most unusual. I just need to stay in the routine of cleaning up my desk after each make. I keep my markers and some dies on my desk. Mostly Doo Hickeys and Spellbinders within easy reach.   The chunkier Tim Holtz dies are in a basket in my book case. 


And my stamp and embellishment storage.  The clear trays contain all of my Magnolia stamps divided into collections all in date order. The trays below are my lace, ribbon and flower storage. 


I hope to be back with a lot more crafting this year than last. Now that I am finally all set up and organised, there should be no stopping me. 

Happy New Year everyone xxx

2 comments:

Sol said...

Happy New Year!! You have a Fantastic Nice and Tidy Craftroom.. And so many shelves for paper and stash.. Great job organizing!!..
Your Card is Beautiful!! Lovely Details and Great Colors.. All the layers of paper and die cuts...-WOW!!! You must have used ages to cut all the die cuts in different paper.. But it looks Amazing!!.. And your coloring of the shells on her "dress"... -Perfection!! I love it!!

Kathy Straw said...

Gorgeous Colouring! Such a beautiful card. Great job!