Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tilda in Bunny Slippers

Hello again my friends :o) Thank you so much for visiting me today. Are you having a terrific weekend?  We travelled down to visit my parents at the coast yesterday. It was fantastic to leave chilly Canberra for a few hours and thaw out! It was almost tropical at the coast, 15 degrees C! haha.

My card today is for Magnolia Down Under Challenges. The challenge at MDUC this week is Paper Tole or 3D. I chose to paper tole my adorable little Tilda in Bunny Slippers. I have only recently acquired this beautiful little stamp and I thought she was a nice simple stamp to attempt to paper tole.


I cut my card using my new a die and the beautiful pink checked paper is by Magnolia. I just adore Magnolia papers, the texture and quality is beautiful.

Here is a better picture of the paper tole:

Tilda's little bow, frilly pants and bunny slippers are all covered in stickles to sparkle and all of the edges are distressed and inked in Antique Linen DI. Tilda is coloured with my beloved Copic markers. There is a little bit of cheese cloth added to soften the card and some ric rak as well. For some reason I always think of ric rac when I make a baby card :)
I had a great time making this card. I really enjoyed slowing down a little bit and colouring up multiples of my image to create something really special. Now I just have to wait for someone to have a baby girl so I can give it away!
Thanks for visiting me today! I hope to see you around in blog land again soon,
Hugs xx

5 comments:

Ann said...

Kylie, it's adorable, I can tell it was a labor of love. Hugs

Marijke said...

Sweet and lovely card!!!
Hugs,
Marijke

Louise said...

It´s totally lush, Kyles!
LOVE it and all the pink nuances are gorgeous! Amazing colouring and boy, I adore all that sparkle :) Awesome papers and the vintage feel is delish! Cute lace :)

Hugs

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs
cordine

RenateKreativ said...

This is my lovely Tilda, beautiful card, I love it.
Hugs Renate