Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Tilda

Hi everyone, thank you for visiting today. How is your day going?

This is my third week as a Guest at Cupcake Craft Challenges and the challenge this week is a really fun one - Cake and Icecream! YUM! It gave me a chance to colour up my new "Birthday Tilda" and to try out a "taartpunt" (cake box). I've had the cut file for this for months and haven't tried it out so it was a fantastic opportunity to give it a go.


I've used the Doo Hickey dies "Old Swedish Lace" on the side edge of my card, some of the paper flowers and the leaves.

It is a bit hard to see in the photo, bt the cake and the pink 'satin' parts of Tilda's dress and shoes are all coats in Crystal Effects.

The inside of the card is decorated with a matchng Mini World Birthday Tilda and an old sentiment stamp from Kaisercraft.


And finally, the cake box by itself.  The papers are a mix of Girls Paperie and MME. All of the edges are distressed with Walnut Stain and stitched.

Sorry, there were a lot of photos today! Thank you for staying with me if you have gotten this far :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!
Hugs
Kylie xx

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Kylie, what an absolute pleasure visiting your blog. Your creations are breathtakingly beautiful. WOW! I don't have enough words to express myself. hugs Sharon

Carol said...

WOWZER Kylie this is absolutely stunning!! I just luv your work, you're such a huge inspiration. Your colouring is brilliant. Luv the cake box too. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

Katy said...

Wow Kylie, you certainly don't need to apologise for all the photos, the more the better of this fabulous card and project - it is STUNNING! Love the papers you've used too. Hugs. Katy. xxx

Shazza said...

wow these are just amazing x

Cordine said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! Love those DP's!
Hugs
Cordine