Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A gift for You

Gosh - it is almost Christmas - less than a week to go! Do you have all of your shopping done? My husband and I went out this week while my Mum looked after the kids and we got everything done is two hours - by were we surprised.  All that is left is the food shopping.. but I haven't started thinking about what we will be eating yet. It is the first year ever that we will be spending the day at our own home - OMGoodness - it feels wonderful. The boys will be able to open their pressies from Santa and enjoy them without being rushed around. And I will be able to make Christmas dinner - a first for me! Really!

Anyway, on to my card :) It is the last challenge of the year at Magnolia Down Under Challenges and the theme this week is "A Gift for You". The challenge will run for three weeks instead of one, so the Design Team can have a little break. We will be back with some more fun challenges for you in the New Year, so keep your eyes open for January 9th.

I've used this cute little Tilda from the Winter Kit I received in the mail this week. I *think* the collection is called "You are So Special Collection 2011". I just love the cute stamps that have been release in this stamp club and I can't wait for the pre-orders to see what else is coming out.

I wanted to do something a little bit different so I used my Cricut and cut out a elongated label shape and scored it in half to create this cute little shape. I wanted Tilda to look like she was leaning out of the circle. All the edges are distressed and I made this cute little box to go with the card. My husband said it looks like a boat... well.. It wasn't supposed to!


Tilda was such a joy to colour. Really quick!


And because the card was a bit fancy in shape, I left the layout fairly simple on the outside, but thought it would be fun to jazz up the inside a bit :)


So you can see I've finally discovered my stapler! It is just fantastic for securing those bits of lace in place when you are making a card a bit on the distressed side.

And finally the back of the card.

No comments: